DOCUMENTATION & DETAILS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
The details and documents vary from state to state – however what is typically needed
• Name of the shop or business.
• Full address of the business.
• Category of establishment, such as shop, restaurant, theatre etc. & nature of the business for example, bakery, boutique etc.
• Name of the occupier or employer.
• ID proof of the occupier/employer such as voter ID, Aadhaar, or passport.
• PAN card of the employer or occupier.
• Proof of address of business such as utility bills like electricity or telephone, or rent deed/agreement etc.
• Declaration under non-appointment of child labour
• Fee for Shop Act Registration The fee for registration depends on the number of employees hired by the entity. As and when there is an increase in the headcount, pay additional fee through filing an online application
DOCUMENTATION & DETAILS REQUIRED FOR COMPLIANCE
• On verifying the application thus received, inspector shall register the establishment in the register of establishments and issue registration certificate on satisfying himself upon the genuineness and completeness of the application. This certificate has to be prominently displayed at the establishment and needs to be renewed upon expiry of the same
• Establishments have to keep up-to-date registers regarding details of employment, fines, deductions and advances, salary and holidays. The requirements may vary from state to state. Files related to annual holidays and number of employees need to be submitted to the office of the Municipal Corporation annually.
• In case of change in the address, status, partners/directors intimate to the department within 30 days of such change, through filing an online application.
• Annual return to be filed online in Form U on or before 31st January of the subsequent year.